High Energy Particle Detector (HEPD-02)
The HEPD-02 detector consists of:
- A first trigger plane (overall dimensions 200x180x2 mm3) segmented in 5 counters;
- A tracker based on five standalone tracking modules, each made of three sensitive planes;
- A second trigger plane (overall dimensions 150x150x8 mm3) segmented in four counter;
- A range calorimeter which comprises:
- A tower of 12 plastic scintillator planes 150×150×12.7 mm3
- A 3×3 matrix of LYSO scintillator150×150×50 mm3
- A veto system, which surrounds the calorimeter, made of plastic scintillator veto planes.
The energy range explored is 3 - 100 MeV for electrons and 30 - 200 MeV for protons.